[OpenAFS] RE: eliminating SuSE kernel rebuilds

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:26:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005, ted creedon wrote:

> Yes I did e-mail nadvornik@suse.cz who is the afs person. No response.

It's not an AFS problem. The kernel headers are generally broken.

> Unfortunately SuSe does not support openafs all that well (tried this
> before) and I suspect that since Novell acquired SuSe the support will be
> worse.

Not relevant. Excerpting the relevant portion from my previous post:

> Not all modules are GPL. Referring to GPLONLY symbols from non-GPLONLY code
> is broken, and isn't supposed to happen.

If include/linux/fs.h refers to GPLONLY symbols in non-GPLONLY code it's a
kernel problem. Has nothing to do with AFS.