[OpenAFS] Newbie

Chris Huebsch chris.huebsch@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:52:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Esther Filderman wrote:
>> Why does Linux kernel 2.6 have a readonly AFS client?
>
> Uhhhh your Linux AFS client can't write to things?  Do you have some
> authentication mechanism installed like, say, Kerberos?  Make sure you
> have valid authentication, otherwise you cannot write.

He certainly writes of the Linux-2.6 builtin AFS-Client.

It's a funny toy made by a RedHat-worker just for fun.

I tried it once and it worked not too bad.

I tink it might be a good starting point for system installation via AFS
(instead of NFS or FTP), but it's not really for general use.

Chris
--
Chris Huebsch    www.huebsch-gemacht.de | TU Chemmnitz, Informatik, RNVS
GPG-Encrypted mail welcome! ID:7F2B4DBA |   Str. d. Nationen 62, B204