[OpenAFS] Problem with pam on debian with 1.3.81 kernel 2.6.11

Christian Ospelkaus christian@core-coutainville.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:23:12 +0200

> Christian Ospelkaus <christian@core-coutainville.org> writes:
> > From http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-krb5/ This used to be the
> > recommended module for some time. Is it still???
>
> There are a few different PAM modules for Kerberos v5, it appears.
> libpam-krb5 in Debian isn't based on this one, but rather is based on a
> different module by Frank Cusack, with various accumulated fixes over
> time.  It's built against MIT, though, which may not be what you want if
> you have a Heimdal system.
>
> libpam-heimdal in Debian started out as the same source, but has diverged
> over time and doesn't have some of the same fixes.  I'm not sure if it has
> fixes that libpam-krb5 doesn't have.

The one on http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-krb5/ is based on the Cusack
one, claims to work for both Kerberos implementations (and did on Debian
woody IIRC), though things may have become less straightforward from woody to
sarge as you can see from my "compilation fixes"...