[OpenAFS] 1.3.81 under AIX 5.1

Steve Roseman sgr0@Lehigh.EDU
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:59:50 -0400

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Hans-Gunther Borrmann wrote:
>
>> "make dest" terminates with an error message:
>

> "terminates". The error is:
>
>> make: 1254-005 Ignored error code 1 from last command.
>

> ignored.
>
>> afs_dynamic_auth and afs_dynamic_kerbauth are completely missing. The
>> 1.3.80
>> versions seem to work.
>

> Will be fixed in the next version.

I changed 2 lines in Makefile.in to resolve both of these:

56c56
<       -${INSTALL} ${srcdir}/doc/LICENSE ${DEST}/LICENSE
---
 >       -${INSTALL} ${srcdir}/src/LICENSE ${DEST}/LICENSE
558c558
<       libafsauthent shlibafsrpc shlibafsauthent libadmin
---
 >       libafsauthent shlibafsrpc shlibafsauthent libadmin tsm41

Otherwise, AFS (client) has been working on my test systems.  Thanks to
those who did all of the work.

My very minor "problem" is not being able to tell the difference between
PAG and UID-based tokens.  "groups" no longer lists the special groups.
  IBM resolved it by changing the output of AIX 5 "tokens" to indicate
PAG or UID based tokens in the output.  I'd be willing to to do the same
if I had a quick "here's what to look for".

Steve

Stephen G. Roseman
Lehigh University
sgr0@lehigh.edu