[OpenAFS] openafs fileservers in VMware ESX

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:37:34 -0500

One thing to look at - if you are running ESX 2.5 (or anything fairly
new), change the HardTimerInterval (I think that is it) in advanced
settings to 333 instead of it's default value, and boot any linux 2.6
guests with the "clock=pit" option. It may not help this problem, but it
corrects clock issues, which seems related, so might be worth checking.

-- Nathan