[OpenAFS] openafs fileservers in VMware ESX

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:05:24 -0400

At 04:06 PM 4/21/2005, you wrote:
>Please don't mention Dell servers around me.

Oh no, please don't accuse me of pushing a vendor, especially DELL.  I'm
just suggesting that the big box solution to emulate smaller boxes just
isn't worth the time or money.  The big boxes end up costing exponentially
more money in price, servicing, and maintenance than the performance you
"expect" them to produce.  Big boxes only make sense in very specialized
applications, and I don't see file serving as one of them.

Rodney