[OpenAFS] Update from 1.2 to 1.3.81 on Debian Sarge (testing)

Vladimir Konrad v.konrad@lse.ac.uk
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:22:29 +0100

Hello!

After upgrade from OpenAFS 1.2.? to 1.3.81, the afsd refuses to start
(the other components of OpenAFS start ok). If I try running afsd from
the command line, I get:

afsd: Error -1 in basic initialization.
Adding cell 'linux.lse.ac.uk': error -1
afsd: No check server daemon in client.
afsd: All AFS daemons started.
afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

The kernel modules were upgraded to 1.3.81, the linux kernel is 2.4.28
running on dual CPU IBM blade. What puzzles me that the module loaded at
boot is openafs instead of openafs.mp. But the afsd refuses to start
with either module.

The krb5kdc and krb524d are running. The /afs directory exists.

All ideas appreciated as I did not find any relevant info on Google.

Vlad