[OpenAFS] Problems with OpenAFS 1.3.79 and Kernel 2.11.5

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:48:40 -0400 (EDT)

---559023410-558040986-1114296520=:26028

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Björn Ruberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have to integrate Gentoo-Linux-PCs in an existing AFS cell.
> I did the great mistake to believe, that I can handle it to get afs working on
> kernel 2.6.
> Switching back to 2.4 is not that easy, so I hope somebody can help me.
>
> I installed OpenAFS 1.3.79 as 1.3.80 didn't compile on the system.
> At the first look it worked and I was able to use afs together with kernel
> 2.6.11.
> The first problem appeared, but it seemed acceptable.
>
> Problem 1: AFS breaks shutdown. Unmounting the caching-Partition
> on /usr/vice/cache always fails. Moreover the libafs-module is not unload
> able. I cannot kill the afs processes.

After /afs is unmounted and afsd -shutdown has been run? Did they work?

> Problem 2: When I try to copy several hundreds of KBs onto the server, it just
> stops and the process can only be killed by force. When that happens the
> first time, I can still read from the AFS server. But after some minutes even
> that just freezes and AFS just works again after reboot.
> It's not just AFS, the affected user is not able to write on the harddisk
> anymore.

Willing to try a daily snapshot?
---559023410-558040986-1114296520=:26028--