[OpenAFS] Problems with OpenAFS 1.3.79 and Kernel 2.11.5

Björn Ruberg bjoern@ruberg-wegener.de
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:03:09 +0200

Hello,

> After /afs is unmounted and afsd -shutdown has been run? Did they work?

I tried both and it doesn't help. I am not able to kill the afs-services too.
afsd -shutdown executes without errors, but it doesn't work.
The PC will only shutdown correctly when afs has been started and it had been
used. It tries three times to unmount some filesystems and after that it
shutdown.
If afs hasn't been used during the session, the shutdown process locks at some
point and I can only reset.

> Willing to try a daily snapshot?

I there is a good chance that it helps me, I would.
If there is no other way. Perhaps downgrading to another version that worked?

> Problem 3 can be caused by a number of different things.  One is that
> for some unknown reason the PAM module isn't being built at all.  The
> other is that the system is looking for a module by the different name.
> In my experience you can just symlink the pam module to the correct
> filename if necessary.

But what is the correct filename?

> For problem 2 what kernel are you running?  Are you running the Gentoo
> Sources or a plain vanilla kernel.  I've always had problems running
> gentoo sources with Open AFS, even with the 2.4 kernel.

Yes, I run the Gentoo-Sources. I always found them very good and I don't want
to switch to vanilla if I can avoid it.
I can take out some of the patches out of the Gentoo-Sources, when I know,
which might be problematic.

Thanks for you help, Mike and Derrick.