[OpenAFS] gnu du command issues

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:07:50 -0700

a couple weeks ago there was a discussion about gnu find and its
failure to properly handle some conditions with not having a '.'
directory. I think gnu du also suffers the same issues.

issuing a gnu du command from within afs an afs path I get an error:

du: '.' no such file or device.

this is when the mount point for the volume is the current directory.

issuing a du on the symlink pointing to the afs path I get
a 0 count.

however, issuing a du command on a subdir inside a volume I get
results as expected.

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257