[OpenAFS] issues on windows client

Robbie Foust rfoust@duke.edu
Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:54:42 -0400

Alex Jelinek wrote:

>>>   b. system tray --> right click the AFS icon
>>>       as mouse approaches the icon it "jumps" to center of screen so
>>> you can never right click it
>>
>> The system tray icon is afscreds.exe.  You can only start one instance
>> of it.  Therefore, if you have already started it, then starting
>> subsequent copies of it will do nothing.
>>
>>>       However, via VNC the VNC user can right click the icon & gets gui
>>> for the user when doing so
>>
>> I have not seen this behavior on any system.  Can you please describe
>> your XP system?
>
> These systems are standard XP Pro SP2 with all latest MSFT
> fixes/patches.  Various software/firmware tools are installed.
> Otherwise I don't know what else to describe.

I saw this problem with the AFS client 3 or 4 years ago (?).  If memory
serves, it was on IBM computers and the source of the problem might have
been the mouse or video driver but its been so long ago I can't remember
the details.  I think I used windowsupdate to update the driver instead
of using an older one that IBM provided.  Just figured I would throw it
out there in case it helps.

--
Robbie Foust
OIT - CSI