[OpenAFS] [1.3.86] heimdal/krb5 auth for BOS requests fails during initial cell setup

scorch scorch@muse.net.nz
Thu, 04 Aug 2005 07:40:35 +0200

hi,

I've been following a number of how-to guides, the best being
http://kula.public.iastate.edu/talks/afs-bpw-2005/afs-bpw-2005-iowa.pdf
-- thanks :-) but I'm stuck after switching out of -noauth, despite
having seeming correct k5 tickets. My guess is that I need something
like aklog, or my krb configuration but I am lost for the obvious answer.

After page 33, I switch after running in -noauth to 'restart BOS server
with authentication'. I always receive the following error:
    wavey@mercury:/usr/afs/bin $ ./bos shutdown mercury.muse.net.nz -noauth
    bos: failed to shutdown servers (you are not authorized for this operation)
despite all my best kinit efforts. I'm sure I am missing something
obvious but I can't find info in the logs. Any suggestions on how to
proceed?

overview
3dogs.muse.net.nz        the KDC
mercury.muse.net.nz    slave KDC, afs file, db, backup, volserver etc.
OS is OpenBSD 3.7 release, OpenAFS 1.3.86 compiled fine with
./configure --enable-transarc-paths --enable-fast-restart
--enable-bitmap-later --quiet --enable-debug --enable-supergroups

KerberosV works OK for encrypted telnet, and my wavey/afs credentials
are available - but maybe not in the right form...

$ kinit wavey/afs
    wavey/afs@MUSE.NET.NZ's Password:
    kinit: NOTICE: ticket renewable lifetime is 1 week

$ klist -Tv
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000
        Principal: wavey/afs@MUSE.NET.NZ
        Cache version: 4

        Server: krbtgt/MUSE.NET.NZ@MUSE.NET.NZ
        Ticket etype: des3-cbc-sha1, kvno 1
        Auth time:  Aug  3 02:49:05 2005
        End time:   Aug  3 04:29:05 2005
        Renew till: Aug 10 02:49:05 2005
        Ticket flags: renewable, initial
        Addresses: IPv4:10.0.0.9, IPv4:10.0.0.20

krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
    default_realm = MUSE.NET.NZ
    ticket_lifetime = 6000
    clockskew = 300
[realms]
    MUSE.NET.NZ = {
        supported_keytypes = des:normal des-cbc-crc:v4 des-cbc-crc:afs3
        kdc = 3dogs.muse.net.nz
        admin_server = 3dogs.muse.net.nz
    }
[domain_realm]
    .muse.net.nz = MUSE.NET.NZ
[kadmin]
    default_keys = v5 afs3
    afs-cell = muse.net.nz
[logging]
    kadmind = FILE:/var/heimdal/kadmind.log
[kdc]
    require-preauth = no
    afs-cell = muse.net.nz
    v4-realm = MUSE.NET.NZ

PTS info
./pts interactive -noauth
pts> examine wavey
    libprot: no such entry Could not get afs tokens, running
unauthenticated.
    Name: wavey, id: 2, owner: system:administrators, creator: anonymous,
      membership: 1, flags: S----, group quota: unlimited.
pts> listentries
    libprot: no such entry Could not get afs tokens, running
unauthenticated.
    Name                          ID  Owner Creator
    anonymous                  32766   -204    -204
    admin                          1   -204   32766
    wavey                          2   -204   32766
    wavey.afs                      3   -204   32766
pts> membership wavey
    libprot: no such entry Could not get afs tokens, running
unauthenticated.
    Groups wavey (id: 2) is a member of:
  system:administrators
pts> membership wavey.afs
    libprot: no such entry Could not get afs tokens, running
unauthenticated.
    Groups wavey.afs (id: 3) is a member of:
      system:administrators
pts>

cheers, scorch
--