[OpenAFS] Problems on AFS Unix clients after AFS fileserver moves

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:11:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Rich Sudlow wrote:

> [root@xeon109 root]# fs checkservers
> These servers unavailable due to network or server problems:
> reno.helios.nd.edu.

That's fine.

> [root@xeon109 root]# cmdebug reno.helios.nd.edu -long
> cmdebug: error checking locks: server or network not responding

If reno is a server, this is uninteresting, as cmdebug is for checking
client state.

> [root@xeon109 root]#  vos listvldb -server reno.helios.nd.edu
> VLDB entries for server reno.helios.nd.edu
>
> Total entries: 0

ok.

> This is a linux 2.4 client and I don't have kdump - have also had these
> problems on sun4x_58 clients too.

well, what's the problem? none of the information above points to a
problem accessing files, only that a server which is down is showing down