[OpenAFS] Problems on AFS Unix clients after AFS fileserver moves

rogbazan rogbazan@gmail.com
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:39:07 -0500

Maybe, you should try removing it from the cell's VLDB with the command=20
vos changeaddr -oldaddr <ip> -remove -verbose

{backupafs:/afs/.gfi/prod/uniface6/segurid}% vos help changeaddr
vos changeaddr: change the IP address of a file server
Usage: vos changeaddr -oldaddr <original IP address> [-newaddr <new IP
address>] [-remove] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth]
[-verbose] [-help]
Where: -remove     remove the IP address from the VLDB
       -noauth     don't authenticate
       -localauth  use server tickets
       -verbose    verbose
That has been our solution....try it!