[OpenAFS] 1.3.87 on Solaris 10 and weird NFS problem

Sergio Gelato Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:20:59 +0200

* Christopher D. Clausen [2005-08-09 19:09:55 -0500]:
> Even more testing has revealed that the libafs64.nonfs.o module works
> just fine when the libafs64.o one does not.  This is very weird.  I can
> only assume that this is due to some change in Solaris 10.
>
> Am I going to run into weird NFS / AFS problems later on because I am
> using the nonfs kernel module?  Can someone explain why there were two
> seperate modules (nonfs and nfs) to begin with?

If you don't know why there are two separate modules, then the .nonfs.
one is probably right for you. (It's the one I've always used on Solaris.)

If I remember correctly, the other one is meant to be used on NFS/AFS
translator machines. The translator functionality may very well be
broken at the moment; I don't use it myself, so I wouldn't know.