Fwd: [OpenAFS] AFS client installation on Motorolla MVME6100 PowerPC

Carsten Schulz-Key openafs@oo-design.org
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:56:15 +0200

--==_Exmh_993543335P

 =

>type. Here's what I get from # cat /etc/fstab:

Well, not exactly -- it appears to be part of the /usr-filesystem. You ne=
ed a =

dedicated partition for it; =

see http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/AdminGuide/auagd015.htm#HDRWQ391

>/dev/sda2 / ext2 defaults 1 1
>/dev/sda4 /usr ext2 defaults 1 2
>/dev/sda3 swap swap defaults 0 0
>/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy ext2 noauto 0 0
>/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro 0 0
>none /proc proc defaults 0 0
>none /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0

For testing purposes you can create an empty file with dd, issue the lose=
tup
command, create a filesystem on the loop-back device and mount it at =

/usr/vice/cache. The size specified in /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo should be =
85% =

of the size of that filesystem.

Hope this helps,
Carsten

--==_Exmh_993543335P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3in

iQEVAwUBQvsgvuVLLWKtJb4RAQHjiQf/WZ6wK4Rzn6xyyfhFaoUDyV08mElHbVk+
XHCe7CulTvsWh4pR7uq590B1gPUviQC1wqpLXMHEXsJ+r7ucZ84+UUQGizYXmsXj
uesnAaEISisdmB2UiSLUjcpejbqIFvy8xfXLQ1/9jlKH65Rz8/nLPfAw0qaJauoZ
Z9DnZ+dM3BTwgKdYS8Jt87cSsKEaF5Ek5V4jVdT43CbLQRYtTwb9lahYsNsGSyfi
iJYhkPtdi6qsx50LMjjXnieUz1zQzXOq/Dqhkt8WbGjSOLMUZOsqqN/le/rm2J4F
wjEGV1tslW2UM7CkvOmYx3+9qdvOUlcTiqJUtPXp0HU3DAhq7qnKFQ==
=gSW/
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_993543335P--