Fwd: [OpenAFS] AFS client installation on Motorolla MVME6100 PowerPC

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:34:53 +0200

Carsten Schulz-Key <openafs@oo-design.org> writes:

> Konstantin Boyanov wrote:
>>Well the file system on which the cacher directory is mounted is of ext2
>>type. Here's what I get from # cat /etc/fstab:
>
> Well, not exactly -- it appears to be part of the /usr-filesystem. You need a
> dedicated partition for it;
> see http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/AdminGuide/auagd015.htm#HDRWQ391

While it is "recommended" that you have a separate partition for the
AFS client cache, it is in no way actually required by the cache
manager.  You had just better make darn sure that the partition never
fills up!  :)

-derek