Fwd: [OpenAFS] AFS client installation on Motorolla MVME6100 PowerPC

Konstantin Boyanov kkboyanov@gmail.com
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:17:25 +0200

------=_Part_746_9296872.1123852645565

Hi again,

I'm very pleased to inform all of you that I alredy have a running AFS=20
client! :-)
But of course with a problem - when I enter the directory where the AFS=20
filespace is mounted (namely /afs) and try to do an ls -la, the system=20
hangs. The only output after got after I entered the command is that the=20
first two cells listed in CellServDB are not accessible

# xxxx.com <http://xxxx.com> no such device
# xxxx.gov <http://xxxx.gov> no such device
#=20

What is the reason for that? And one more thing - how can I make so that th=
e=20
afsd daemon is started automatically every time the sistem boots?
Thank you.

Best regards Konstantin

P.S. Does anyone have any idea what is the @sys environment variable used=
=20
for?

------=_Part_746_9296872.1123852645565

Hi again,<br>
I'm very pleased to inform all of you that I alredy have a running AFS clie=
nt! :-)<br>
But of course with a problem - when I enter the directory where the AFS
filespace is mounted (namely /afs) and try to do an ls -la, the system
hangs. The only output after got after I entered the command is that
the first two cells listed in CellServDB are not accessible<br>
# <br>
What is the reason for that? And one more thing - how can I make so
that the afsd daemon is started automatically every time the sistem
boots?<br>
Thank you.<br>
Best regards Konstantin<br>
P.S. Does anyone have any idea what is the @sys environment variable used f=