[OpenAFS] vos create failure on attached drive array ?

Michael Loftis mloftis@wgops.com
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 00:01:08 -0600

--On August 9, 2005 4:39:06 PM -0400 Jason Mccabe <Jason.Mccabe@mci.com>
wrote:

> I'm having trouble with "vos create" on a fiber attached
> storage unit.  I believe it's an EMC something-or-other,
> but I'm not sure.
>
> I was just given device labels.

Not sure what you mean by this?

> I set up a test cell a few months ago with native disks..
> no problem.

Uhm...you sure you have read/write access to the /vicepa?  it sounds like
you don't have any access to it via your FC-AL on that box.  If there is a
switch and it isn't zoned properly or if the EMC has 'Access Logix' or
similar then the volume admin may nto have properly added the new LUN to
your storage group.