[OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:08:33 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: chas williams - CONTRACTOR [mailto:chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil]
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 7:12 AM
To: ted creedon
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS

In message <20050813034206.1E07629533@smtpauth.easystreet.com>,"ted creedon"
writes:
>I can make 1.3.87 crash at will.

can we get the oops/traceback?
>>How is this done?

>Tried to cp two 1.2.11 volumes to the new file server and it hung after
>a long while.
>
>No interesting info in cmdebug or fstrace.

could we see the output anyway?
>>Yes.

>Need some prompting on tcpdump.

on the client how about "tcpdump -s 128 -n udp and not port dns"
>>tcpdump -s 128 -n udp and not port 53 #running now

>>Should have sommething in an hour or so. I have replicated the volume with
a shellscript. If it crashes then I'll send the script for others to try.
Basically the script makes all 1410 directories and adds 24000 1.2 meg
files. We should be testing with this script at each release?