[OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:09:44 -0700

I can reproduce a 1.3.87 linux client problem but the latest windows Debug
version seems to work OK so far. The problem documented in this thread,
including the ftp site.

Chas Williams has asked for more details and information, the collection of
which is non- trivial and I presume required for a bug report.

One problem is keeping up with the latest releases.

tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: openafs-info-admin@openafs.org [mailto:openafs-info-admin@openafs.org]
On Behalf Of Jeffrey Altman
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 12:19 PM
To: ted creedon
Cc: openafs-info@openafs.org
Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS

Ted:

If you have a reproducible bug, then narrow it down to a small case that I
can reconstruct, or point me at a directory in a cell that I can access, and
file a bug report.

You have said several things in the last week regarding problems with the
code but have given absolutely no details that would
provide a means for me to be able to fix it.   I cannot say it
enough, if you can't provide details that allow the problem to be
reproduced, it cannot be fixed.

Jeffrey Altman