[OpenAFS] Crash testing OpenAFS

Blake Atkins Blake.Atkins@scholarone.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:42:37 -0400

Ted,

Are you having troubles with the OpenAFS linux client?  Are you using a memory
cache?  Are you using kernel 2.6?  I have been unable to reliably use OpenAFS
client 1.3.X + Kernel 2.6 (SuSE SLES and Pro 9 - 9.3) + Memory Cache.  I
assumed I was the only person with these troubles as I would expect more
people to be complaining if it was widespread.  When using the above
combination, I would see cache corruption and occasional crashes on the
client workstations.  Switching to a disk cache eliminated all issues.  I
would be interested in knowing if anyone else is seeing the same problem.

Thanks,

--Blake