[OpenAFS] Removing an old server and adding a new one.

Ken Aaker kenaaker@silverbacksystems.com
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:01:48 -0500

I'm in the process of rotating out on OpenAFS server to rebuild it, and
I've run into something that I can't figure out.

I've put the new server up and added it to the CellServDB's on all the
other servers (3 other machines).

I've vos moved all the volumes off the old server (endar), and removed
all the replicated volumes with remsite.

I've put a couple of volumes onto the new server (sven), those volumes
are properly visible.

Now the thing I don't understand.

When I do a fs listcell on any of the systems, including the new server,
I get the 3 original servers listed (lars, storm, endar), but not the
new one (sven).

I've been digging around in the manuals, but I haven't found a clue
about how this is supposed to be done.

Thanks for any helpful hints (including pointers to helpful manual entries)

Ken Aaker