[OpenAFS] A few questions about OpenAFS 1.4

Leroy Tennison leroy_tennison@prodigy.net
Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:46:08 -0600

I'm getting the following message using the Linux openafs-client script
on Fedora Core 3 (no patches, just a base install)

openafs: module license 'http://www.openafs.org/dl/license10.html'
taints kernel.
openafs: no version for "sys_close" found: kernel tainted.
Found system call table at 0x234d4c0 (pattern scan)
Starting AFS cache scan...found 7 non-empty cache files (0%%).

However, things seem to work, should I be concerned?  Can someone
explain this "tainting the kernel" thing, it's not the first time I've
seen it.

In a previous reply to a post someone referred to some OpenAFS Linux
tutorials.  If they are on the OpenAFS site I must be blind because I
can't find them, can someone point me to them?

Thanks for your replies.