[OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS on /afs(22) on redhat EWS 4 client system.

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:14:06 -0500

Quoting George Cebulka <ghc4@imap.pitt.edu>:

> Derek,
>     This is a stock install of RHEWS 4, with an up2date upgrade ran
> as of yesterday. SO the SE policy is from RedHat.

Hmm, I've tested on RHEL 4 and FC4.  But I don't know which flavor of
RHEL I used.  I think it might be AS, not WS, but I honestly don't know.
Also, my build/test platform isn't fully up to date -- I build with the
oldest available s/w in order to protect myself from backwards-
incompatible library changes.

>     One question: Is the "kernel: openafs: no version for "sys_close"
> found: kernel tainted." entry from my /var/adm/messages due to the
> SELinux problem or did munge the openafs install?

Neither.  That message is relatively normal and is perfectly safe to ignore.
The tainting is due to the fact that the Linux Developers don't consider
the IPL a "valid" open source license.

-derek