[OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS on /afs(22) on redhat EWS 4 client system.

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:12:09 -0500

George Cebulka wrote:
> Derek,
>     This is a stock install of RHEWS 4, with an up2date upgrade ran as
> of yesterday. SO the SE policy is from RedHat.
>     One question: Is the "kernel: openafs: no version for "sys_close"
> found: kernel tainted." entry from my /var/adm/messages due to the
> SELinux problem or did munge the openafs install?

The default policy on WS/ES/AS 4 breaks AFS (as well as other things).

The message about sys_close is a check for kernel taint.  This message
is not caused by SELinux.

--
Jason McCormick <jasonmc@cert.org>
CERT Infrastructure Team