[OpenAFS] Trouble setting up first server on FreeBSD 6.0

Paul Blackburn mpb@est.ibm.com
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:18:27 +0000

Hello Tony,

I wrote some scripts to automate installing AFS on AIX.
( http://www.angelfire.com/hi/plutonic/afs_install.html )
Now, these need updating for the newer versions of AIX (5.3).
However, the general principle for installing/configuring
remain similar.

Here is an example logfile from "mk_afs_srv" which configures
the first server in a new AFS cell:
http://www.angelfire.com/hi/plutonic/logs/mk_afs_srv

Remember that AFS servers serve data out of /vicep[a-z] partitions.

This should give you a pretty good idea about what are the
steps in building the first server for a new AFS cell.

Note that this assumes use of the default kerberos service (not krb5).

HTH.
--
cheers
Paul Blackburn