[OpenAFS] a familiar problem compiling aklog?

edwin edwin@itasca.net
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:38:17 -0600 (CST)

Does Kerberos have to be installed for openAFS to compile?  Could you
compile AFS and THEN compile Kerberos?
Perhaps you could temporarily rename the offending Kerberos libraries so
that they are not an option, just when you build those particular make
targets that require com_err?

Shouldn't linker configuration control which com_err library is found?
I could move the kerberos libraries to some directory at the end of the
ld.so.conf list, at least temporarily, so that the afs ones get found
first.

If people think that hiding or moving the Kerberos libraries might work,
I'll try it because I want to get openAFS running.
Obviously it's a temporary hack and not a real solution, and
something has to change in openAFS to solve the problem.

Why not rename the AFS com_err library if it's unique, so as to avoid
conflicting with the Kerberos one?  Kerberos is the more common of the
two, so openAFS is the one that probably has to make a change to resolve
the problem.

David