[OpenAFS] 1.4.1-rc2 feedback

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:06:35 -0600

Terry McCoy wrote:
> Does anyone have anything to share about 1.4.1-rc2?

The client works fine on Windows from what I have seen so far.  (Been on
my latop and a few Windows Terminal Servers.)  One of my users was
having a problem getting tickets / tokens with the new KfW 3.0 plugin
though.  Hopefully he submitted bug reports to the proper places.

I haven't really tried it yet on Linux (still using the 1.3.81 packages
in sarge) or Mac OS (hope to start testing on Tiger soon.)

> I have sent openafs-bugs@openafs.org several reports with fileserver
> core dumps.  I wish I could find out why it is dumping core so often.

On what OS?

I just compiled 1.4.1-rc2 (--enable-debug-lwp, as per recomendation) on
Solaris 10 yesterday and I intend to install it on one of my servers
today and see if the random bosserver crashes (in 1.4.0) stop.  I was
told the problem is likely something to do with LWP.

> Also anyone know the purpose of -abortthreshold? in the fileserver

Asking a whole bunch of times won't get you answers.  I'd suggest simply
looking through the code to see what it does or simply wait longer for
an answer.  You could also try it out and see what happens.

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen
ACM@UIUC SysAdmin