[OpenAFS] a familiar problem compiling aklog?

edwin edwin@itasca.net
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:15:14 -0600 (CST)

Ken has suggested to me that changing include orders might fix the com_err
problem with aklog.  I'm willing to futz with that, but it seems that
there must be a known solution somewhere.  I don't think my systems are
that non-standard, so I'd expect a lot of people to be bumping into this
problem.  If they aren't then

1) people aren't running AFS on Linux but only on Solaris, etc.
2) people aren't compiling AFS on Linux from source but installing
binaries (which is a bit of a crock--somebody's compiling the binaries
initially somewhere, and they'd have the same problem)
3) people aren't using the openAFS 1.4.0 source but some earlier version
which does not have the problem
4) openAFS installed base is small enough (in terms of deployed instances,
not end-users) that just aren't that many people who've been down this
road before.

OpenAFS is in a pretty small group of programs I've encountered that did
not ./configure && make && make install without tweaking.

David