[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.1-rc2 feedback

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:22:08 +0100

On Dec 14, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
>> However, we're running into some problems with file server crashes on
>> Solaris 8 with 1.4.0 as well.  We're currently working on figuring
>> out
>> what's going on.
>
> This Morning I upgraded to OpenAFS-1.4.1-rc2 on Scientific Linux
> 3.0.5,
> Kernel 2.4.21-32.0.1.EL.XFSsmp (several machines).
> Let me know if you need access to the fileserver binary or the core
> dumps.

Looks like you end up with some 'non-free' packets in the
rx_freePacketQueue.

I don't actually see why, but the macro RX_FPQ_MARK_USED() detects
the used packet, when it's trying to mark the packets as used.
Which means, either the flags are set wrong or the packets are really
in the wrong queue.
At least, that's what I think happens.

Horst