[OpenAFS] Trouble setting up first server on FreeBSD 6.0

Tony Shadwick - OSS Solutions tshadwick@oss-solutions.com
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:16:04 -0600 (CST)

Okay, I did finally get OpenAFS to compile on the fresh FreeBSD 6.0
server, with full sources installed.  Simply running a configure for the
kernel didn't do it, I did a full GENERIC compile using the "new world"
ways of compiling.

In order to get OpenAFS to build and install however, I had to go back and
specify this, despite using all defaults:

./configure --with-bsd-kernel-build=/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

It seems that the configure script expects to find the kernel build at
/usr/src/sys/GENERIC, rather than /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.  I wonder
if this is a bug or a lack of understanding on my part of what the kernel
build process entails.  I'm a network engineer and sysadmin.  I don't try
to pretend to be a programmer too often. :)

Tony