[OpenAFS] Trouble setting up first server on FreeBSD 6.0 (fwd)

Tony Shadwick - OSS Solutions tshadwick@oss-solutions.com
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:50:28 -0600 (CST)

That has been the "correct" procedure according to the documentation
dating back to FreeBSD 4.6 (that's the furthest back I have the handbook.)
:)

Need to ease up the tone, not starting conflict, I really really really
want this to work and work well on FreeBSD, perhaps overly enthusiastic is
the right term.

That said, when you say "support previous versions of FreeBSD", how far
back is support?  It seems that the difference is not in the OS version,
but rather whether you do the "old" way or the "new" way according to the
docs, and then it dumps everything in a completely different location.  Is
that a fair assessment?