[OpenAFS] Re: Trouble setting up first server on FreeBSD 6.0 (fwd)

Karsten Thygesen karthy-2004@karthy.net
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:23:14 +0100

Tony Shadwick - OSS Solutions wrote:
> That has been the "correct" procedure according to the documentation
> dating back to FreeBSD 4.6 (that's the furthest back I have the
> handbook.) :)
>
> Need to ease up the tone, not starting conflict, I really really really
> want this to work and work well on FreeBSD, perhaps overly enthusiastic
> is the right term.

I'm in the same situation - I also have a mix of server and client
architectures and FreeBSD (6.0) is the preferred platform for most
things now. This is the showstopper for rolling out OpenAFS in my
organization.

It is really a shame, that OpenAFS have no support (and almost no
interrest) for FreeBSD, but I guess it is driven by the market.

Anyway - just wanted to raise the flag - I would be happy to participate
actively in porting OpenAFS to FreeBSD, but I can not carry the task alone.

Karsten