[OpenAFS] Re: 1.4.1-rc2 feedback

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:44:32 -0600

Terry McCoy wrote:
>>> I have sent openafs-bugs@openafs.org several reports with fileserver
>>> core dumps.  I wish I could find out why it is dumping core so
>>> often.
>
> Let me know if you get your fileserver process to run more that 24
> hours without it dumping core.

I've had 1.4.1-rc2 up and running since 13:42p on 14DEC05 on an E3000
running Solaris 10 without problems.  I've been vos moving volumes to
this machine almost continuously since 14:00 on the 14th as well, so it
is under load now as well.

As soon as the vos moves finish I'll get it up on an E450 as well.

compiled with:
./configure
  --with-krb5-conf=/usr/local/bin/krb5-config
  --enable-debug-lwp
  --enable-transarc-paths
  --enable-supergroups
  --enable-fast-restart
  --enable-bos-new-config

(The krb5 stuff is just to build aklog, AFAICT.)

Compiled with
[cclausen@alnilam:/local/scratch/openafs-1.4.1-rc2]%
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -V
cc: Sun C 5.7 2005/01/07

If you'd like to try these binaries, they are at:
http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/~cclausen/openafs-1.4.1-rc2-sun4x_510.tar.bz2
Of course, aklog might not work for you without MIT Kerberos libs in
/usr/local

<<CDC
--
Christopher D. Clausen