[OpenAFS] aklog: build failure?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:46:18 -0500

Quoting Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>:

>> doh.. I assumed  configure would look for krb out of box.. calling --
>> with-krb5-conf fixed things right up.
>
> So, you didn't give it any Kerberos options _at all_ to configure?  I ask
> because in that case, make is not supposed to try to build aklog, and if
> it did, then that's a bug in the Makefile.

It doesn't try to build aklog when you supply nothing to configure.
However if you --enable-krb5 it doesn't /look/ for krb5-config anywhere,
which can be confusing unless you know to expect that.  When /i/ first
started playing with it I assumed that when I used --enable-krb5 it would
perform an AM_PATH_PROG(KRB5_CONFIG, krb5-config) and search in my path..
And then use what it found.

> --Ken

-derek