[OpenAFS] aklog: build failure?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:00:54 -0500

>  When /i/ first
>  started playing with it I assumed that when I used --enable-krb5 it would
>  perform an AM_PATH_PROG(KRB5_CONFIG, krb5-config) and search in my path..
>
>That wouldn't work for me.  I've got a /usr/local/bin/krb5-config for MIT,
>but I normally use Heimdal and it has no krb5-config.  I won't argue if you
>think this is broken, but I do think that if we use krb5-config by default
>then there should be an option to turn it off (--without-krb5-config or
>something).

What vintage of Heimdal do you have?  Certainly newer ones provide a
krb5-config, and I thought that they had one for a while.

I was thinking of making that the default, but when the whole thing
about making it work with autoconf 2.13 came out, I lost interest in
writing complex autoconf macros (does 2.13 even have AC_PATH_PROG()?  I
don't know, and I'm not interested in digging through old autoconf
manuals to find out).  But I would have definately made it
overridable.

--Ken