[OpenAFS] \\afs\long_cellname Trucated to Netbios Name

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:27:31 -0800

OpenAFS has been working well for me so I am not up on the latest news.  I
see that global drive mappings are deprecated.  To get with the times, I
was looking at using \\afs\cellname as reported in the docs.

\\afs\stradamotorports.com is truncated to \\afs\stradamotors.
"stradamotorspors" is the netbios name reported by 'NBTSTAT -n'.
\\afs\all\stradamotorsports.com is named correctly.

Is this the expected behavior?  Is there something I can do to use
\\afs\stradamotorports.com as I would like?

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells