[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.3.78 on Linux 2.6

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 09:26:25 -0500

  First off, the 1.3.78 release is working VERY well for us.  It's nice not
to have to re-spin the kernel RPMs to export the syscall table.  OpenAFS
1.3.78 also seems to have fixed a number of issues:

  * Our cache consistency problems seem to have been solved

  * Kernel panics under high I/O no longer occur

  * Kernel oopsing occasionally using memcache no longer occur.

  The only major problem I can still see is the inability to unmount the
filesystem containing the cache (bug #17451) and the problem I posted to
-info about the default configuration not allowing AFS to start on systems
with no separate /usr/vice/cache partition.

  Looking great!

--
Jason McCormick <jasonmc@cert.org>
CERT Infrastructure Team