[OpenAFS] unable to stop openafs

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:31:10 -0500

On Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:13:20 AM +0100 Vladimir Nadvornik
<nadvornik@suse.cz> wrote:

> On Sunday 06 February 2005 19:07, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
>> I'm unable to umount an afs partition: umount /mnt/afs fails because
>> peripheral is still occupied, however I can't see any process using any
>> file located under /mnt/afs using lsof.
>>
> I have the same problem with 1.3.78 and vanilla linux kernel 2.6.10.
> It seems to happen only if afs syscall is used, for example "fs listacl".

Hm.  This is a problem we haven't been able to track down so far.
Can you confirm that if you start AFS then read a file, you can unmount
/afs, but if you do something like 'fs la' on the same file, you stop being
able to unmount it?

If that's the case, we may be well on the road to finding the problem.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer