[OpenAFS] unable to stop openafs

Jack Neely jjneely@pams.ncsu.edu
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:19:46 -0500

Jeffrey,

I can confirm this.  My test machine is RHEL 4 Beta 2 running OpenAFS
1.3.78.

After a fresh boot, cat'ing a web page, I can shutdown AFS cleanly.
However, after I reboot again, then run fs la on that same web page
AFS will not shut down.

    umount: /afs: device is busy
    afsd: Shutting down all afs processes and afs state
    AFS isn't unmounted yet! Call aborted
    afsd: AFS still mounted; Not shutting down

The kernel module cannot be removed either.

Jack Neely