[OpenAFS] backup solutions

Benjamin P Myers dative@sukrahelitek.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:45:07 -0600

On Friday 18 February 2005 08:21 am, Kurt A. Seiffert wrote:
> We are not sure if the new AFS cell will hold quite as many users, but
> the lower working number is 10,000 accounts with about 40TB of space.
>
> Does anyone have any advice for backup solutions for this much AFS data=
?

> Any other general advice or thoughts would be appriciated as well.

While I don't have experience with a cell of that size--sukra's is only=20
~2.5TB--I suggest you might have a look at amanda-afs.  I use it to backu=
p to=20
disk and have been very happy with it.  The performance here isn't great,=
 but=20
then neither is the hardware I'm using. It's free. You'd incur little ris=
k by=20
giving it a try if you already have some hardware laying around.

-Ben