[OpenAFS] crash on AIX 5.2

Hans-Gunther Borrmann hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:09:47 +0100

On Friday 07 January 2005 21:39, Horst Birthelmer wrote:
> On Jan 5, 2005, at 9:04 AM, Dr. Elmar Abeln wrote:
> > Hi all !
> >
> > i tryed to install Open-AFS (1.3.74)  on an AIX 5.2
> > The Compile part worked without an error. But after loading
> > the kernel extensions (export.ext and afs.ext.32) and starting
> > the AFS-Daemon afsd the machine crashes.
>
> The Machine crashes right away or after getting a token??
> Since you use the afs.ext.32 module it is possible that you run into
> that old kernel allocation problem.

I  have compiled 1.3.77 under AIX 5.1 and see the same problem. In my case the
machine crashes after getting a token. It seems to work before.

I see this problem with all versions of OpenAFS I compiled. My workaround is
always to use kernel extensions I got some times ago from Hartmut Reuter.
They work. If this is an old problem, is any patch available somwhere?

Gunther
Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg
Hermann-Herder-Str. 10, D79104 FREIBURG