[OpenAFS] Re: Woah, it seems like it's working (1.3.77+ on 2.6.10)

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:18:42 -0500

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:42:33PM -0500, chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> try editing a file (with vim).  when you write the file (like :w or :wq),
> the file disappears.  or atleast it seems to do this for me.  it seems
> like there is something strange going on with the dcache and rename.
> not entirely sure though.

Doh! Yes, I remember you saying that earlier, and so I tested modifying a
file, but I used 'joe' instead of vim, and that works fine. Obviously joe's
doing whatever it does differently from vim.

This is unlike the other vanishing files problem, because it seems really
gone -- "fs flush ." or "fs flushvol" doesn't make it reappear.

Still, not oopsing is huge progress.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>