[OpenAFS] problems with vos changeaddr

Hagbard Celine Hagbard Celine <footourist@gmail.com>
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:49:49 +0100

Hello,

I'm starting right now using openafs, I got the fileserver and the
client working quite well on the same machine, but when I tried a
client on a remote it didn't work.

I've look at the log and seems that the client try to contact the
filesever at 127.0.0.1 .

So, on the server machine, I've looked at the ips of the servers with
the command vos listaddrs and in fact showed two ip, one was
127.0.0.1, the other the right one on the localnet.
So I tried with vos changeaddr -remove and got the VLDB: volume Id
exists in the vldb error.

So, googling around, I've found this
(http://www.mail-archive.com/openafs-info@openafs.org/msg14226.html)
old mail and tried with that suggestion, so after:

vos delentry -server 127.0.0.1
vos syncvldb servername
vos syncserv servername
vos changeaddr 127.0.0.1 -remove -local

it removed BOTH ip addresses, so right now I dont have any fileserver ip.

How fix the 127.0.0.1 problem and restore the good ip?

--
---
Hagbard Celine