[OpenAFS] Re: Woah, it seems like it's working (1.3.77+ on 2.6.10)

Carsten Schulz-Key openafs@oo-design.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:03:24 +0100

Hi,

William John Murray wrote:
>   Now I am very happy to re-check on 14-01-17, but perhaps there is a
>better way to store patches than as plain text attachments in  the
>archive, so the html reformatting  doesn't have to be undone? Or maybe
>it exists already and I didn't know of it?

the procedure is much easier if you save the page as text instead of the =

original HTML format. You can directly feed this page into patch, the mai=
l =

junk will be ignored:

     patch tries to skip any leading garbage, apply the diff, and
     then  skip  any  trailing  garbage.   Thus you could feed an
     article or message containing a diff listing to  patch,  and
     it  should  work. =

(From the patch man page)

HTH
Carsten