[OpenAFS] naive questions about openafs

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:49:17 +0100

    Guillaume> I'm interested about being able to use afs from
    Guillaume> mandrake, because it is widely used in my
    Guillaume> institution.

    Guillaume> So my naive question is: do I really need openafs for
    Guillaume> my needs

>From what I can read here, the answer to the question is 'yes' :)

Other than your first statement, I have no idea. What IS your needs?!?

    Guillaume> and how it is related to what is already in
    Guillaume> the distribution (kernel module and krbafs-utils
    Guillaume> package)

Don't know that that 'krbafs-utils' is (I don't use Mandrake), but
the kernel module is a read-only AFS client module. Basically it's
only used for AFS booting (as compared with NFS boots) - i.e. diskless
systems...

Please have a look at http://www.bayour.com/LDAPv3-HOWTO.html. It
might explain some of your questions...