[OpenAFS] OpenAFS-Client crashes AIX 5.1

Hans-Gunther Borrmann hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:30:38 +0100

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 11:45, Horst Birthelmer wrote:

> This is IMHO not the same problem. It doesn't look like a kernel
> allocation problem to me.
> BTW,  can you start your client with -nosettime. I had some problems
> with that in the past, and never got the time to look deeper into it.
> Maybe it doesn't help but it doesn't hurt either.
>
> Horst

Hello Horst,

I used -nosettime. The problem is still there, but it is not reproducible. I
saw it a second time. I tried the tar of my AFS home directory several times.
It never succeeded. One crash. The other times the fileserver with the volume
was suddenly unavailable and remained inaccessible from my test-client.

Gunther
Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg
Hermann-Herder-Str. 10, D79104 FREIBURG