[OpenAFS] vos examine oddity

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:21:32 -0500

On Friday, January 28, 2005 04:56:55 PM -0800 Russ Allbery
<rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
>> Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:
>
>>> This is not a bug; you are just confused.
>
>> Well, that may very well be the case, but you don't seem to understand
>> what I was asking about.
>
> Ack!  That's because you were talking about the separate case of a
> .readonly volume that came up in this other part of the thread.  I'm sorry
> about that.  I completely lost track of the fact that .readonly volumes
> had been introduced into this and confused myself.
>
> Mea culpa.
>
> You did indeed explain the results in this subthread, but not my original
> query.

Yeah; Derrick pointed that out to me.  The behavior Kim is seeing is not a
bug, but yours might be.  I have to think about what series of operations
might have led to that, and whether it's legitimate.  It can't hurt to file
a bug in the meantime.

-- Jeff