[OpenAFS] Starting OpenAFS on FC2/OpenSSI

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:26:33 -0400

On Thursday, June 30, 2005 03:54:02 PM -0700 Russ Allbery
<rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Ron Croonenberg <ronc@depauw.edu> writes:
>
>> when afs tries to start at bootup I see a msg "fly by" that says it
>> can't find something.
>
>> I looked in the AFSLog but there's nothing in there.
>> (and in messages and boot.log)
>
> AFSLog is dutifully created by afsd on start but is never actually used by
> anything.  I have a patch in the bug database to stop creating it.
>
>> Where is the log where msgs from afs at bootup end up in ?
>
> They're echoed to the console, so unless you have something capturing the
> console output, they don't go anywhere (at least so far as I know).

Messages printed by the kernel will appear in dmesg output, and whereever
your system logs kernel messages.

Are you having a problem getting it to work, or are you just worried by a
message you saw?